Sunday, April 12, 2009

Team Thumping Threads

I mentioned in an earlier post that I couldn’t have asked for a better team, those words could not be more true. I’m constantly amazed by the effort put forth by everyone. By the time all is said and done we’ll have put in a number of sleepless nights, and we’ll probably pull out quite a bit of hair. If we’ve learned anything from this project, it’s that the simplest things rarely turn out to be simple at all. We’ve hit a number of monumental decision points. Most of these moments were brought about by completely unexpected setbacks. It’s during these times that I’m grateful for profound level of determination and commitment from the team. I consider myself to be both persistent and patient when it comes to problem solving, but there have been times when I’ve called “time of death” on a certain line of research only to be met with “we’ve come this far, we’re not giving up now…”

“We’ve got this, no worries…”

“We can figure this problem out...”

The amount of motivation on this team is beyond belief. I already consider this project to be an unparalleled success. Each team member has brought a unique skill set (and energy) to the table, and building a common language has been a rewarding learning experience. If there’s any chance that this ambitious design idea could be successfully implemented, this is the team that could pull it off.

-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment